Strawberry season is here and what better way to join in on the fun than with some juicy strawberry facts? Get your hands on our hand-dipped chocolate-covered strawberries first, then take a bite out of these facts!
With your choice of milk, or dark chocolate, you can’t go wrong with a batch of our chocolate-covered strawberries. Whether they are a gift for a loved one, or a treat for yourself make sure you order them quickly!
Our chocolate-covered strawberries are made fresh and made to order and cannot be shipped, so be sure to plan ahead.
Now that’s chocolate-covered … here we go! Let’s test your knowledge of the sweet, seeded strawberry!
- On the average strawberry, there are 200 seeds! Strawberry seeds can grow into new plants, but strawberry plants also propagate through runners!
- Strawberries aren’t berries at all! Strawberries are in a category called “accessory fruits.”
- Strawberries are considered a member of the rose family as they give off a sweet fragrance while growing! Its botanical name is Fragaria which means fragrance! How fitting!
- There are three different types of strawberries! June-bearing, ever-bearing, and day-neutral strawberries all have a different length of time and duration for bearing fruit.
- Belgium has a museum solely dedicated to strawberries!
- Strawberries are grown in every state in the United States, but California produces the most!
- Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen in the spring.
- Individual Americans consume an average of 3.4 pounds of fresh strawberries every year. That’s a lot of strawberries!
- Strawberries taste sweeter at room temperature.
- Strawberries are high in Vitamin C!
How many did you know out of ten?! Now that you’ve probably polished off a chocolate-covered strawberry or two … grab another!